Spend 4 nights looking for the Northern Lights in Tankavaara winter wonderland in a brand new hotel room with all meals provided and fun activities.
The Northern Lights Holiday deal can be booked from December to March every year or even from November if weather allows. Contact us via email for availability for your chosen travel dates: email@example.com or just make a booking below.
Itinerary. Every day includes buffet-breakfast, 2 course lunch and 3 course dinner as well as complimentary coffee, tea or hot juice at our restaurant just next to hotel rooms. The package also includes airport shuttle from Ivalo airport to Tankavaara and back.
Arrival day: 3 course Lappish welcoming dinner and a relaxing evening spent in Tankavaara getting to know our hotel facilities and surroundings.
First day: 2 hour guided snowshoeing trip to the national park surrounding Tankavaara followed by traditional wood-fired sauna and evening northern lights hunting trip in snowmobile sleigh with our local guides.
Second day: Meet and feed our reindeer! Also, visit to the Goldmuseum and try indoor gold panning. Let’s go hunting for the northern lights by car!
Optional activity: cross-country skiing lesson.
Third day: Relaxing day with free time. Maybe rent our snowshoes for a stroll in the national park or go to the sauna again? You can also book an extra activity, reindeer or snowmobiling maybe, or skiing day in the nearby skiing center, plenty of options! See the activities we offer, here.
In the evening we will offer you a farewell dinner in our traditional outdoor kota shelter under the starry sky and hopefully northern lights.
Our superior hotel rooms have either a double bed or twin beds, private toilet and rainfall shower. The hotel rooms are newly built in 2019 and feature free wifi, electric kettle, hairdryer, desk and closet space.
How to get to Tankavaara: Our closest airport is Ivalo airport 60km from Tankavaara. We can organize airport shuttle to and from the airport. From other airports in Finland, such as Rovaniemi airport, we can help you with direct bus connections to Tankavaara.
Please note that the package does not include flights.
Price from 684€ / person, extra night 70€
- Good to know:
- Please let us know your flight number and arrival time at booking or right after (email firstname.lastname@example.org). We are unable to organize last minute airport shuttle and will not cover your taxi cost.
- All our activities include winter overalls, mittens, helmet and shoes. If you need to rent winter gear, you can do so from the reception.
- Closest small grocery shop is 10km south and supermarket is 30km north.
- Our hotel doesn’t have daily room cleaning, so if you would like to have your towels and sheets changed or trash taken out, please let us know at the reception in the morning. It’s free.
- Temperatures in Tankavaara December-March vary between -5 celcius to -30 celcius.
- Northern lights can be seen just outside your room since we don’t have light pollution in Tankavaara. You have possibility to see northern lights anywhere where you can clearly see the sky (parking lots, roads, hills etc.). We recommend checking the weather forecast first and then aurora forecasts.
You can check availability and book below. The date you choose is your arrival date. Cancellation and change of date is free up to 30 days before arrival date. All booking must be made at least 30 days before arrival. Upon booking, you will receive receipt and booking confirmations via email. You can contact us if you have any questions email@example.com.