Welcome to Tankavaara Goldvillage
Tankavaara Gold Village, the gate of Lapland's gold fields, is located directly at the road E75, 30 km south of Saariselkä. More than 40 years gold diggers teach visitors to pan their own gold and precious stones from the rich gravels of Hopiaoja-creek.
At the authentic café-restaurant 'Wanha Waskoolimies' (Old Gold Miner) and the Wild West Saloon you can pay with gold - this is no joke!
Cozy gold miner's cabins and a mini-hotel offer peaceful nights close to nature.
GOLDPANNING for travelers
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
Travelling along the E 4 - road to North Cape, You find about 200 km north of polar circle TANKAVAARA, the gate of Lapland's gold fields.
40 years of GOLD RUSH
Since 1974, visitors are able to pan for gold nuggets under guidance of skilled gold diggers. By the time, a small and cozy visitor center developed from the old gold mine. Today, TANKAVAARA offers a wide range of services for single travelers as well as for groups.
· GOLD PANNING from one hour to several days in our own facilities or in surrounding claims. Guest keeps all gold!
· International GOLD MUSEUM
· UKK NATIONAL PARK with exhibition and various hiking trails
· Cozy, fully licensed BAR-CAFE-RESTAURANT
· HOTEL rooms, goldpanner's CABINS, CAMPER and TENT space
· small GOLDSMITH workshop
· Finnish GOLDPANNING CHAMPIONSHIPS
· SUMMER EVENTS
· seasonal THEME EXCURSIONS into the surrounding nature
On Facebook: TANKA VAARI We figure out individual offers (single traveler / groups) on request. Our new team would be glad to cooperate with You for satisfied guests. We speak English, Finnish, Russian, German, French, Estonian and some Spanish.
Tankavaaran Kultakylä, Tankavaarantie 11A, 99695 Tankavaara, Finland